Below you’ll find answers to questions asked frequently by our residents during their journey. If you can’t find the answers you are looking for, get in touch with us and we will respond to your query.

How do I secure a block of land?
A small deposit secures your block. A contract is then forwarded to your solicitor (if you don’t have one we can recommend one). At the same time you can select a builder to prepare a tender/builders contract. The land is then exchanged and settled into your name and the building process starts with your builder.
How long does it take to build a home?
It usually takes 8-10 weeks to obtain Council approval (your builder will do this for you) and approximately 6 months to build.
Are there surveys reports, geotech reports and bushfire reports available?
Yes. They can be downloaded free of charge. Visit the Land For Sale page and choose the relevant stage to obtain the reports.
How do I know what the home will end up costing?
Your builder will give you a fixed price tender.
What builder should I choose?
There are many project builders that will build on your land. Check with the Office of Fair Trading first to see if they are licensed and then inspect their display homes. When you choose your home, ask the builder to prepare a written tender to build the home on your lot or you can select from our House and Land Packages.
What about finance. Who can help me with this?
Most banks and building societies will assist with lending for land and then houses. Our Land Sales Consultant can help you with this enquiry, simply call (02) 4958 8563.
Do I have to build straight away?
No. You can build when you want to.
Are there any covenants on the blocks?
If there are, they are detailed on the plans that we give you.
Do the blocks have sewer and power?
Yes. All the blocks have services such as Water, Sewer, Power and Gas in the estate. Telstra also has broadband (ADSL 2) available and there are wireless connections.
What about bushfire restrictions?
Every block of land in New South Wales is now classified by the Rural Fire Service with a rating of 1, 2 or 3. Each block in Northlakes Estate has different ratings to protect you and your home from bushfire risk. For more information contact Lake Macquarie City Council of view the bushfire reports by selecting from the Masterplan the relevant stage of your lot.
What type of soil is on my block?
Every block in the Northlakes Estate has received a classification by geotechnical engineers. To obtain the report simply select from the Masterplan the relevant stage of your lot. Visit the Land For Sale page and choose the relevant stage to obtain the reports.
Are there house and land packages?
Yes there are a number of house and land packages designed for various blocks within the estate. You can also choose your own block and your own builder to package up your home. We can assist you with this process.
Are there plans in the near future to link Northlakes Estate with North Ridge Estate?
Before the conclusion of development at Northlakes Estate a road will connect the estates.
Are there any Government Grants available?
You may be eligible to apply for one of the following NSW Government grants:

  • First Home Owner Grant (New Homes) Scheme
  • First Home Buyers Assistance Scheme

Visit for more information.

Is your builder a member of the Housing Industry Association (HIA)?
An HIA member check can be made by calling the HIA consumer hotline on 1902 973 555. HIA can advise the member’s status and whether their membership is current.

HIA can not provide information as to the member’s building history. This information can only be provided by the relevant government department such as Consumer Affairs or a building authority.